Best Breads, Bakeries and Luxury Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur is a vibrant and diverse city that offers something for everyone. Whether you are looking for culture, history, nature, shopping, or nightlife, you will find it here. But what about bread? Yes, bread! Kuala Lumpur has a rich and varied bread culture that reflects its multicultural heritage. From Malay roti to Chinese baozi, from Indian naan to European croissants, you will be spoiled for choice when it comes to baked goods. And what better way to enjoy them than in a luxurious hotel that offers comfort, style, and service? In this blog post, we will explore the best breads, bakeries, and luxury hotels in Kuala Lumpur. We will also give you some tips on what to see and do in this amazing city, and how to bring home some of its flavors with some cookbooks. So grab your appetite and your suitcase, and let’s go!
The Top 7 Authentic Breads and Baked Goods You Have to Try When Visiting Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur has a diverse and delicious bread scene that reflects its melting pot of cultures. Here are some of the most authentic and popular breads and baked goods you have to try when visiting the city.
This is a flaky and crispy flatbread that is a staple of Malaysian cuisine. It is usually served with curry or dhal, but you can also find sweet versions with banana, chocolate, or cheese. It is best eaten hot and fresh from the griddle.
These are steamed buns that are filled with various savory or sweet fillings. They are a common snack or breakfast item in Chinese communities. Some of the most popular fillings are char siu (barbecued pork), red bean paste, lotus seed paste, or custard.
This is a leavened flatbread that is cooked in a tandoor oven. It is a staple of Indian cuisine and can be plain or flavored with garlic, cheese, or herbs. It is usually served with curries or dips.
This is a buttery and flaky pastry that originated in France but has become popular in many parts of the world. It can be plain or filled with chocolate, almond paste, cheese, or ham. It is a perfect accompaniment for coffee or tea.
This is a traditional breakfast dish that consists of toasted bread slices spread with kaya, a coconut jam made with eggs, sugar, and pandan leaves. It is usually served with soft-boiled eggs and soy sauce.
This is a thick pancake that is folded over and filled with peanuts, sugar, butter, and sometimes corn or cheese. It is a popular street food that can be found in many stalls and markets.
This is a deep-fried pastry that is stuffed with curried potatoes, chicken, or beef. It is a savory snack that can be eaten anytime of the day.
The Best 7 Bakeries in Kuala Lumpur and Which Luxury Hotels Are in Walking Distance
If you are looking for some fresh and tasty breads and pastries in Kuala Lumpur, you will not be disappointed by the variety and quality of the bakeries in the city. Here are some of the best ones and which luxury hotels are in walking distance from them.
Tommy Le Baker
Tommy Le Baker is a French-style bakery that specializes in sourdough breads and croissants. They also have sandwiches, salads, quiches, cakes, and coffee. The bakery has a cozy and rustic atmosphere that makes you feel at home. It is located in Sentul East Village and is about 15 minutes walk from The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur.
Huckleberry Food & Fare
Huckleberry Food & Fare is a modern bakery that offers artisanal breads, pastries, cakes, pies, cookies, and more. They use natural ingredients and bake everything from scratch daily. They also have a cafe that serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. It is located in Plaza Damansara and is about 10 minutes walk from The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur.
Tedboy Bakery is a family-owned bakery that was named after the owners’ son. They offer wholesome breads, pastries, cakes, muffins, and more. They also have a cafe that serves healthy and delicious meals and drinks. They use organic and natural ingredients and cater to various dietary preferences. They have several outlets in the city, but the closest one to a luxury hotel is in The Gardens Mall, which is about 5 minutes walk from The Gardens Hotel & Residences.
Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie
Levain Boulangerie & Patisserie is a French-style bakery that offers a wide range of breads, pastries, cakes, macarons, and more. They bake everything fresh daily in a stone oven and use premium ingredients. They also have a cafe that serves breakfast, lunch, tea, and dinner. They have a charming and elegant ambiance that makes you feel like you are in Paris. They are located in Jalan Delima and are about 15 minutes walk from Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel & Residences.
Der Backmeister is a German-style bakery that offers authentic breads, pretzels, pastries, cakes, and more. They use natural sourdough and organic flour and bake everything fresh daily. They also have a cafe that serves breakfast, lunch, coffee, and beer. They have a cozy and friendly atmosphere that makes you feel welcome. They are located in Taman Tun Dr Ismail and are about 20 minutes walk from One World Hotel.
Jaslyn Cakes is a boutique bakery that offers exquisite cakes, cupcakes, brownies, cookies, and more. They use quality ingredients and bake everything from scratch daily. They also have a cafe that serves coffee, tea, and juices. They have a simple and chic decor that showcases their beautiful creations. They are located in Bangsar and are about 10 minutes walk from Alila Bangsar Kuala Lumpur.
The Bread Shop
The Bread Shop is a artisan bakery that offers rustic breads, pastries, pies, sandwiches, salads, and more. They use natural yeast and organic flour and bake everything fresh daily. They also have a cafe that serves coffee, tea, and smoothies. They have a warm and inviting atmosphere that makes you feel relaxed. They are located in Bukit Damansara and are about 15 minutes walk from Sofitel Kuala Lumpur Damansara.
The Top Six 5-Star Luxury Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur has some of the most luxurious hotels in the world that offer unparalleled comfort, style, and service. Here are some of the top ones that will make your stay unforgettable.
The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur
This is a colonial-era hotel that was built in 1932 and has been restored to its former glory. It offers elegant rooms and suites with modern amenities and stunning views of the city or the gardens. It also has a spa, a pool, a gym, a library, a cigar room, a screening room, and several dining options. It is located near the Kuala Lumpur Railway Station and is close to many attractions such as the National Museum and the Islamic Arts Museum.
The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur
This is a contemporary hotel that offers luxurious rooms and suites with marble bathrooms, walk-in closets, and personal butlers. It also has a spa, a pool, a gym, a business center, and several dining options. It is located in the Golden Triangle and is close to many shopping malls and entertainment venues.
The Gardens Hotel & Residences
This is a stylish hotel that offers spacious rooms and suites with kitchenettes, living areas, and balconies. It also has a pool, a gym, a sauna, a steam room, and several dining options. It is located in Mid Valley City and is connected to The Gardens Mall and Mid Valley Megamall.
Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre Hotel & Residences
This is a modern hotel that offers chic rooms and suites with city views and smart TVs. It also has a spa, a pool, a gym, a kids’ club, and several dining options. It is located in the heart of the city and is close to many attractions such as the Petronas Twin Towers and the Suria KLCC shopping mall.
Alila Bangsar Kuala Lumpur
This is a sleek hotel that offers minimalist rooms and suites with floor-to-ceiling windows and rain showers. It also has a pool, a gym, a library, and several dining options. It is located in Bangsar and is close to many cafes, bars, and restaurants.
Sofitel Kuala Lumpur Damansara
This is a sophisticated hotel that offers elegant rooms and suites with French-inspired decor and Hermès toiletries. It also has a spa, a pool, a gym, a club lounge, and several dining options. It is located in Damansara Heights and is close to many corporate offices and embassies.
Things for Luxury Travelers to See and Do in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur is not only a city of bread and luxury hotels, but also a city of culture, history, nature, shopping, and nightlife. Here are some of the things you can see and do in this amazing city.
- Visit the Petronas Twin Towers: These are the iconic landmarks of Kuala Lumpur that stand at 451 meters tall. You can admire their architectural beauty from the ground or take a tour to the skybridge and the observation deck for panoramic views of the city.
- Explore the Batu Caves: These are limestone caves that house Hindu temples and shrines. You can climb the 272 steps to reach the main cave or take a guided tour to see the other caves. You can also see the giant statue of Lord Murugan at the entrance and the colorful stairs that lead to the caves.
- Shop at Suria KLCC: This is one of the most popular shopping malls in Kuala Lumpur that offers a wide range of local and international brands. You can find everything from fashion to electronics to books to souvenirs here. You can also enjoy the musical fountain show at the Lake Symphony or visit the Petrosains Science Discovery Centre or the Aquaria KLCC.
- Experience the KL Tower: This is another landmark of Kuala Lumpur that stands at 421 meters tall. You can take an elevator to the observation deck or the sky deck for breathtaking views of the city. You can also dine at the revolving restaurant or try some thrilling activities such as skywalking or base jumping.
- Relax at Perdana Botanical Garden: This is a beautiful park that offers a green oasis in the middle of the city. You can stroll along the paths or rent a bike to explore the various gardens such as the orchid garden, the hibiscus garden, the herb garden, and more. You can also visit the Butterfly Park, the Bird Park, or the Deer Park.
- Enjoy the nightlife at Changkat Bukit Bintang: This is one of the most lively and vibrant areas in Kuala Lumpur that offers a variety of bars, pubs, clubs, and restaurants. You can find everything from live music to comedy shows to karaoke here. You can also sample some of the local and international cuisines and drinks here.
- Learn about the culture at the National Museum: This is a museum that showcases the history and culture of Malaysia through various exhibits and displays. You can learn about the prehistoric era, the colonial era, the independence era, and more. You can also see some of the artifacts and artworks that represent the diverse heritage of Malaysia.
Cookbooks to Get a Taste of Kuala Lumpur at Home
If you want to recreate some of the flavors of Kuala Lumpur at home, you can get some of these cookbooks that feature some of the best recipes from Malaysia and beyond.
- The Food Of Malaysia Wendy Hutton This is a cookbook that introduces you to the rich and varied cuisine of Malaysia through 80 recipes and 300 photographs. You can learn how to make dishes such as nasi lemak, laksa, rendang, satay, and more.
- Cradle of Flavor: Home Cooking from the Spice Islands of Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia by James Oseland: This is a cookbook that takes you on a culinary journey through the spice islands of Southeast Asia through 100 recipes and 100 photographs. You can learn how to make dishes such as sambal, gado-gado, otak-otak, and more.
- The Malaysian Kitchen -150 Recipes for Simple Home Cooking by Christina Arokiasamy: This is a cookbook that shows you how to make authentic Malaysian dishes at home using simple ingredients and techniques. You can learn how to make dishes such as roti jala, mee goreng, ayam percik, and more.
Additional Resources for Travelers
If you want to learn more about Kuala Lumpur and plan your trip better, you can check out some of these resources that offer useful information and tips for travelers.
- Visit Kuala Lumpur: This is the official website of Tourism Malaysia that offers comprehensive information on attractions, events, accommodation, transportation, and more in Kuala Lumpur. You can also find some travel guides and brochures here.
Kuala Lumpur is a city that offers a unique blend of bread and luxury. You can enjoy some of the most delicious and diverse breads and baked goods in the city while staying in some of the most luxurious hotels in the world. You can also explore some of the most fascinating and fun attractions in the city while experiencing its culture and history. Kuala Lumpur is a city that will satisfy your taste buds and your wanderlust. So what are you waiting for? Book your trip to Kuala Lumpur today!